?Working together to make it happen since 2006?

JGLC Forum
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.

Announcements
*** Due to large amounts of Spam, I've set account registration to Admin approval. ***

If you don't have access to your account within a couple of days please contact me.

Welcome to the JGLC's Message Board. You must register to post any messages. After registering, a confirmation email will be sent to you to validate your email. If you have registered recently but have been unable to validate your account please try to log in again and resend the confirmation email. If you are still having trouble, contact me. Provide your username and the email that you registered with.

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/josega7/public_html/mboard/includes/class/tdb.class.php on line 881

Posted: Oct 21, 2011 5:03:35 am
josegarcialawncare

There are many types of fertilizers and different brands.
But which one do you use? Regardles of what brand you go with you will need to know what the 3 numbers on any ferilizer bags mean? (N-P-K)
Example: (24-4-11)
The three numbers represent different percentages of minerals

Nitrogen - phosphorus - potassium

What does N-P-K stand for?

N = Nitrogen Nitrogen is the first major element responsible for the vegetative growth of plants above ground. With a good supply, plants grow sturdily and mature rapidly, with rich, dark green foliage.

P = Phosphorus
The second major element in plant nutrition, phosphorus is essential for healthy growth, strong roots, fruit and flower development, and greater resistance to disease.

K = Potassium (Potash) The third major plant nutrient, potassium oxide is essential for the development of strong plants. It helps plants to resist diseases, protects them from the cold and protects during dry weather by preventing excessive water loss.

In your case, the middle number is high - this will be good if you are trying to get a lot of flowers or fruits from a plant.

If you need more information you can visit your nearest supply store or landscape store, or call your local gardner

Source(s):
http://www.barerootshydro.com/faq/npk.ht…